Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: multi chine race- rowboat

multi chine race- rowboat 3 weeks 4 days ago #5676

• Rolf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Bootsbau
I do not know, how to begin drawing a multi chine rowboat by Delftship version 831.Who cen help me?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

multi chine race- rowboat 3 weeks 4 days ago #5677

• sassdesign
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
What is the problem?

JS

multi chine race- rowboat 3 weeks 3 days ago #5678

• Rolf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Bootsbau
Hi sassdesign,

i have drawn by Turbocut ( the same like Autocut) a rowing racing boat for one Person.
It was really troublesome and the result was not convenient .
In ancient times i need an old vision of Delftship , so i had no problem to createt a hull
and to unwrap 3d-surfaces in a twodimensional plane, that are necessary to build the
hard chine hull.
Because my personal computer crashed and I had to reformat my computer hard disk drive.
So i must load a newer Program of Delftship. I try for a long time now found the beginning off drawing
by the new program! ( 64 bit Provessional / 1 Version 813 )
I startet "newes project" then "blanc project" i put in the window "dimensions = 8,0 length 0,38 wide and
0,30 heigth" then "accept" . The next Window i clicking "coordinate axes and wireframe". Now i be stuck !

Many greetings from Germany Rolf

Einer78m3D.jpg

37.jpg

multi chine race- rowboat 3 weeks 3 days ago #5679

• Icare
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Hallo Rolf, und Willkommen an Bord!

What do you mean with "Now i be stuck !". :huh:

Do you mean you aren't satisfied with the default boat automatically presented by Delftship and just don't know what to do to get THE boat as you imagine it? If so, I assume Delftship hasn't much changed (in it's use) since the last time you used it:

1. Activate the WIREFRAME button (Draht?). It will present a mesh a polygons around the boat.
2. Move the points at the polygons' angles (either by clicking and draging them, either by changing their coordinates' numbers);
3. It seems you already have a decked hull, so punch a hole in this deck (by selecting polygons' edges and pressing the DEL key of the keyboard -ENTF-TASTE?-).
4. Draw a little wall to protect the man-hole from the waves (by selecting the hole's all concerned edges and pressing the EXTRUDE button -Extrudieren?-).

I skipped a few of operations, but broadly, you'd get YOUR boat. Then you'll have to tweak it by dividing polygons to get a well curved deck for example, or by adding cylinders to get the oars' supports...

If all this seem too confusing, go back to basics: read the manual and practice at once using an already made hull.

I hope this will will help you - Ich hoffe, dass das Ihnen helfen wird. ;)

multi chine race- rowboat 3 weeks 3 days ago #5680

• Rolf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Bootsbau
Hallo Icare,
ich glaube wir können uns in deutsch schreiben?!
Ich habe ein Ruderboot in Knickspantbauweise mit einem CAT Programm gezeichnet.
Jetzt verfüge ich über einen genauen Aufriß aller Spannten, einer
Draufsicht sowie einer Ansicht des Modells. Ich kann das Modell
auch in 3D von allen Seiten betrachten. Leider ist es aber sehr
umständlich und mühsam mit Autocut Veränderungen vorzunehmen.
weil die in jeder der drei Ansichten einzeln ausgeführt werden müssen.
Auch ist es nur schwer möglich die einzelnen Flächen des Rumpfes
einzeln abzuwickeln in 2D, um später z.B. die Flächen aus Sperrholz auszuschneiden.
Ich muß auch mühsam die Verdrängung des Bootes von Spant zu Spant ausrechnen.
Das ging mit meinem alten Delftship ganz einfach! Bei der neuen Version verstehe ich
nicht wie ich meine Daten ( Länge,Breite, Höhe und Tiefgang) unterbringen soll.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Rolf

Einer78m4.jpg

multi chine race- rowboat 3 weeks 4 hours ago #5683

• Icare
  • Gold Boarder
First of all, remember that on this international forum we have to use an only language for every one can follow our discussions. Martin, our webmaster -and software designer- chose english. A pretty good choice because most of us don't understand the dutch (holländisch) language. B)

I've been using Delftship for years and the basics remains the same.... You draw the model in 3D, that is any change in a view appears automatically in any other view, since you don't change the view, but the 3D model itself.

I think it's better to begin you project using Delftship, because it was designed to draw hulls. Then if you need to draw more and if you can't do it with Delftship, you may export your model to other 3D modellers to complete it. But for a 6 planks' boat, I assume Delftship can do it all.

When you start drawing a new model, you have to enter the boat's length, beam (total width) and height and the number of polygons (don't worry, you can change them later). Don't forget to check for the unit of measurement (meter or foot). then a default model is automatically generated using these data.

Then, in the MODEL PARAMETERS, you can set the draught and the water density (salinity).

If you're not exactly satisfied with this dafault model, you can play with it like with plasticine by changing the points coordinates, moving polygons' edges, extruding (prolonging) edges...

For your project, you'll hace to draw each plank on its own layer, thus you'll be able to print a cutting drawing. For this, you'll probably have to delete each plank on after the other and re-draw it in a new layer.

I'll try to post you here a quickly made 6-planks model tomorrow.

multi chine race- rowboat 2 weeks 6 days ago #5684

• Icare
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Rolf!

I'm back with two models.

The first one is made of 4 planks (plus the fore and aftdeck) and has vertical sides.

The second one is made of 6 planks (plus fore and aftdeck) and looks a little more like your picture.

I drew both of them for shallow water (0.175m draught) and very calm waters.

According to the software calculation, the first one should weight about 600 Kg and the second one about 550 Kg (gross weight including crewmen) according to the draught I arbitrarily chose.

They probably don't look perfect, but you can modify them. ;)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: marven
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds